Sunday, March 1, 2009

Alexandria's First Day

Photo Challenge

I got tagged!
I know its been an eternity since I have gotten my hands dirty in card-making for fun, but things have been busy, busy, busy here at home and I have been working on listing items in my Etsy shop, and also for a spring craft show (my very first one in fact). Yeah!

Anywho, here's the skinny:

1. Go to the photo folder in your computer.
2. Go to the seventh folder of photos.
3. Go to the seventh picture.
4. Put the picture on your blog along with a description of it.
5. Invite seven friends to join the challenge.

So without further ado, I present to you the picture I took in the hospital of Allie the day after she was born:


I love love love this photo and in fact it is in more than one frame in my house, in addition to a photo collage... I just really loved the peaceful feeling I get when looking at it. Alex's birth was a bit of a rollercoaster ride. I was nearly 2 months early and when I went to the hospital they told me I wasn't in labor, or that it was too soon, gave me an injection and sent me home, for three days straight, the last time with orders of strict bedrest, and here I was with a 2 yr old at home... Finally, they kept me overnight and gave me something to sleep, since, well, being in labor for three days doesn't allow for much sleep or relaxation and I was a little freaked. I woke up just after midnight and the dr. was in delivery with another patient, but Allie just couldn't wait and she made her way into the world just as the dr. walked through the door. At just over 4 lbs, she was the tiniest human being I had ever seen and she was all mine forever. :)

1 comment: